Yelagiri hills is a small hill station located near Vaniyambadi in the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu. It is serene and silent and the cool breeze in the evenings attract tourists from neighbouring areas to visit this place.
- The road leading to Yelagiri is well maintained and has 14 hair pin bends.
- It is lined with beautiful trees on either sides and several honey combs and jack fruit and eucalyptus trees can be spotted.
- There are plenty of hotels and guest houses in and around Yelagiri but all the good ones get filled during weekends. It is better to book rooms in advance if you are planning to stay for a few days.
- It is better to have your own mode of transportation as it is difficult to find cabs or autos there. You can travel in your car or hire a cab. Even though PTC buses are available they are usually overcrowded.
- The main attractions of Yelagiri include the Punganoor lake- cum park and Nature park.
- Eateries are not aplenty here and drinking water too is not easily available. It is better to bring a can of water and pack home food if you are travelling for a day.
- Please don’t imagine it to be like other hill stations. It needs some more development but you can enjoy its beauty as it is.
For more information and pictures of Yelagiri, check out this page.