Skip to main content

MY MEMORIES OF THE JUNGLE BOOK


We have all grown up watching Cartoons.

Cartoons like the Mickey Mouse, Donald duck, Chip and Dale, Duck tales, Snow Queen, Gummy bears, The Jungle book, etc have entertained us when we were kids and still hold a place close to our heart. Duck tales and Jungle book are my personal favourites and as far as I remember, I never missed even a single episode of them.

Now there are plenty of cartoons and cartoon channels and I like watching Doraemon and Chota Bheem, but I think those days the cartoons had that certain charm and charisma to them that literally glued to us to our television sets. We used to literally cry if we missed even a single episode.

When I was in school, I remember watching The Jungle book in the evenings and I would finish all my homework before hand so that my mother would not ask me to switch off the TV. The moment the Jungle book song would start, everything would be put down and I and my brother would gather in front of the TV.

Jungle jungle baath chali hai,
pata chala hai,
chaddi pehan ke phool khila hai
phool khila hai

We were transported to the Jungle world where drama, suspense, fun, laughter and fear kept us glued to our seats.

During exam time, I used to schedule my break during the show so that I could relax and yet not miss an episode. Now we can catch all the missed episodes of our favorite shows on YouTube, but back then, an episode gone was gone as there was no re-telecast. If there was a cable problem in a house, the kids would go to their neighbors’ house to watch the show. It kind of bonded people together and taught kids compassion, friendship, bravery and standing up against all odds.

I personally loved the climax part that is the fight between Mowgli and Sher Khan the most.

It was after watching the show that I grabbed a copy of the book by author Rudyard Kipling and was able to understand how the makers had wonderfully visualized his excellent writing to create magic on screen.

The new trailer of the latest Jungle book movie is out and I cannot wait to watch the magic of The Jungle Book come alive again on screen. Check this trailer out and I am sure you would not want to miss the movie.




----------------------------------------------


I’m blogging about #MyMowgliMemory at BlogAdda.


This post won a prize at blogadda


Comments

Popular Posts

STORY FROM THE LITTLE ONE

Stories are an integral part of my life. I often tell my daughter stories during meal times to keep her glued to her seat. The idea of story telling came as she used to run here and there while eating making me run behind her every time to feed her a spoon of food. Thus feeding her had become a difficult task for me and finally I decided to put an end to it by engaging her with small stories. The idea clicked and she started asking me to tell her stories every time during her meals. Every day objects, things that she saw became subject of my story and in this way through stories, I started teaching her new things and passing information to her about birds, animals, vegetables, etc making meal times playful and interesting. This took away a huge burden from my shoulders as she would get engrossed with the stories and eat without much fuss. I also started buying educational toys and looking for new objects and things in my home to keep her occupied. The objects and cr

ANNE KLEIN HANDBAG REVIEW

Today's post is a product review of a brand that has been synonymous with quality and style. It is also my favourite brand in the handbag category and each piece from this brand is different from the other in its looks and has a unique charm and beauty. Anne klein has always been associated with design, style and comfort. It is one brand that has always been in demand from people all cross the world. Its quality and looks are so good that everyone wishes to own at least one Anne klein handbag or wallet. And guess how you would feel when you get  this lovely handbag from Anne klein as a gift from your brother. He always knew about my fetish for handbags and got this for me from the US. The first word that I uttered was "Fantastic". It looked so good and was one handbag I always wanted to own. It has a nice black dotted design on white background in the upper part and plain yellow below. A black coloured str ing made of leather strips hangs on one side i

PENCIL SKETCH

My pencil sketches that I made during my school days